Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation(661) 290-2825 Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm Emergency: 24 hours
7 Foods That Cause Plaque
Dental health is a priority to you and your family. In addition to brushing and flossing your teeth on a regular basis, and visiting your dentist regularly for teeth cleanings, there are other preventative measures you can take to promote dental health. One of these preventative measures is carefully choosing the foods in your diet.
Some foods can actually cause plaque on your teeth. Here is a list of the seven foods that cause the most plaque:
- Steer clear of candies, especially those that linger in your mouth like taffy, caramel or jelly beans.
- If you have to drink soda, it’s recommended that you sip it through a straw so it comes in less contact with your teeth.
- Fruit Juice. Again, it’s best to stay away from sugary fruit juices, but if you or your children do drink them, it is best to do so with a straw.
- Sugar and carbs = a perfect breeding ground for plaque to occur.
- Raisins are a essentially candy masquerading as a health snack.
- When carbs like pasta or chips get broken down, they turn into sugar, which can stick to your teeth and attract bacteria.
- The lactose found in milk is a sugar and can cause damage, especially when consumed in the evening.
While you do not need to completely eradicate all of these items from your diet, it is important to practice moderation. Equally important is keeping your appointments for teeth cleaning at your dentist. Good dental health tomorrow starts with vigilance and keeping your teeth clean today.
When it’s time for a teeth cleaning, contact Aesthetic Dental & Specialty Center today by calling (661) 290-2825. In addition to teeth cleaning, we offer a variety of dental services and have a 24 hour emergency line for dental injuries.
Latest posts by dentalAdmin (see all)
- How Early Should I Take My Child to the Dentist - January 18, 2017
- 7 Foods That Cause Plaque - January 18, 2017
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Why You Should Bother - November 20, 2016