Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation(661) 290-2825 Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm Emergency: 24 hours
5 Great Benefits of Dental Implants
If you are considering a dental implant as an alternative to a bridge or dentures, you may be wondering what the advantages of implants are, compared to more traditional tooth replacement methods. You’ll be happy to know that there are many benefits of opting for implants, especially if the majority of your teeth are in good health. Read on for the top 5 benefits of choosing dental implants for your tooth replacement.
- Match existing teeth– No need to worry that your dental implant will be noticeably different from your surrounding teeth. Dental implants are constructed of materials that resemble the look, feel and function of natural teeth so well that it’s virtually impossible to tell the difference.
- No embarrassing moments– When you think of false teeth, you probably think of your grandma’s giant set of dentures hanging out in a glass full of water when you came over for a visit, or dread the possibility of your teeth slipping around or clicking in an unnatural way when you speak or chew. With dental implants, those worries are eliminated! Dental implants are secured into your jawbone by means of a small post, so they can be treated just like your natural teeth without fear of any embarrassment arising in a public situation.
- Prevent bone loss– When you lose one or more teeth, the empty space in your mouth can lead to the deterioration of your jawbone. When there is no natural tooth to support, bone loss can occur, which can cause other serious dental health issues. Opting for dental implants can preserve natural bone while also stimulating new bone growth.
- Retain natural face shape– If you have lost more than one tooth, your face can begin to sag and take on a sunken-in appearance, which not only affects your smile but can make you look much older than you are. Getting dental implants will allow you to keep the natural shape of your face so you can smile with confidence!
- No damage to healthy teeth– Traditional dental replacement options, such as bridges, require supporting the false tooth by anchoring it to healthy teeth on either side of the gap. This can cause erosion and damage to the healthy teeth. Because dental implants go into the jawbone, your surrounding teeth are not affected and will remain just as healthy as they have always been. Additionally, a dental implant will prevent neighboring healthy teeth from shifting as they would if the empty space were left alone with no tooth in place.
If you are considering dental implants to restore your smile to its original condition, Aesthetic Dental & Specialty Center can answer your questions. Our full-service Santa Clarita, CA dental office caters to patients with virtually any dental issue. We specialize in tooth restoration procedures and cosmetic dentistry, including dental implants. Contact us today at 661-290-2825 for a consultation.
Latest posts by dentalAdmin (see all)
- How Early Should I Take My Child to the Dentist - January 18, 2017
- 7 Foods That Cause Plaque - January 18, 2017
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Why You Should Bother - November 20, 2016